Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hey there America...

Here I am in Heidleburg, Germany at the B&B of Stephan Knopf from who we are also renting our bikes. Just woke up from a long nap as I didn't really get much rest on the plane. It was one of the worst freaking flights I have ever been on. For one, I think United has a reputation for the tightest seats in coach and it is dead on. I had to sit curled to the right the entire time and kept bumping shoulders with the small teen girls next to me. I can't imagine what it would be like sitting next to a large person. To make matters worse, we were traveling with at least 50 teenage foreign exchange students who quite literally did not shut up the entire flight. They were signing songs, and sitting in the rows, and shouting to each other in other rows. It was like a school bus. I had in ear plugs, wore a mask and took an ambian and the combination of travel factors overwhelmed all of that. Anyways, that is all behind me for the next two weeks.

The weather from Frankfurt down to here has been good. Stephan eased some of our concerns about the weather in Andermatt. I think we will just have to see how it goes. He did suggest that we not plan so far in advance and not worry about getting hotels as it is not the season yet. I hope we will heed his advice when the weather could screw us.

Ok, I'm up and ready. Going to go work on the bikes and get this trip started. I will send pictures asap. At least I have internet the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment