Sunday, August 09, 2009

Greetings from Monterey

Well we left those LA Freeways behind us and moved north up the California coast. Another fantastic day today. It began with an early morning surf session with Ben and Shanny at Venice Beach. I had one good ride where I got up on my knees and my feet for a quick second but the real excitement came when I got totally crushed by a big wave that sent me deep and tumbling underwater. It scared me a lot and I didn't go back in after that.
Brendan and Jessell whipped up a stellar breakfast and we got on the road. Crazy, crazy sunday traffic all the way to San Luis Obisbo. Stop and go, stop and go. I'm glad we have left LA behind however Brendan and Jeselle went far and above being just our hosts. They showed us all around the city, made food, were fun to be with and couldn't have been more accommodating. We thank them from the bottom of our hearts for all their generosity.
Past San Luis Obisbo we got on the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) and headed north. Unfortunately there was lots of fog so the views were limited but when we broke out of the fog is became quite dramatic. The more north we got the more it cleared and by the time we got to Big Sur the sun was setting. Got in to Monterey just after sunset and went downtown for a bite at a small restaurant called Rosine's.
I apologize for not posting more. It takes time to go thru the video and pictures and we really haven't stopped moving since we got here. I will add some pictures when I can. You should be able to click on the pictures to blow them up.
Thinking about Santa Cruz and Point Reyes for tomorrow.











No comments:

Post a Comment