Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pain...

It is quite literally taking every fiber of my being to write this post. I can't remember the last time I was this tired. 1st day back on the slopes in two years and it didn't disappoint. Nick and Mike and I went up early without Amanda who was nursing an altitude headache. We started over in Lionshead and made our way along the mountain's ridge doing nothing but bomber, top to bottom groomer runs.
Snow was really good in some places and a little baked in others. Great to get back out there with the boys but the altitude just wipes you out. We met up with Amanda at Two Elks Lodge for lunch and when we left the lodge we were all so tried we skied right to the bottom (slowly) and took the bus back to the car.
Mike and Nick have both left and Amanda and I are both sitting in a sort of daze watching the Vancouver Closing Ceremonies. It's been a great Olympics. I will miss it.
More I hope tomorrow. Just Amanda and I so it should be a bit slower of a day

No comments:

Post a Comment